Sunday, May 24, 2009

souvenirs

One thing really quick... in case you were wondering where the name of my blog comes from, it's the name of one of my favorite French albums, "La Dernière Année" from Gérald DePalmas.

So I've had a four-day weekend, thanks to how much the French love their holidays. Definitelly not complaining...turns out I needed a lot of extra sleep. when I was a missionary, on the other hand, all that meant was crappy bus schedules!

Thursday I met up with Emma (a friend from high school, who's studying at the Sorbonne) and some of her friends, and we did the downtown thing. I saw the Eiffel Tower for the first time, woohooo.

We went to the museum of modern art...Jeff, I'll send you the rest of the art pics I took. I liked this one because of the background :)

Yesterday there was a dance up at the church in Lille, where I was a missionary back in the summer of '06 for a total of 6 months. It was SO incredible going back there...I can't describe how surreal it was just being there, let alone getting to see people again who I cared about so much. It was awesome.
That definitelly would've NOT been appropriate behavior in the metro 3 years ago...haha.
Good friends, Manu and Anne-Louise. They're getting married soon! Too cute, eh.
Weird flower things that I always liked, by the train station in Lille

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog man! I'll check back weekly. It sounds like you're having a blast! So jealous. Bisous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And is that freaking Emanuel from Villeneuve d'Ascq? I love that kid!

    ReplyDelete