Sunday, May 17, 2009

arrivé

All I can say is...WOW. I can't believe I'm here! From the time I got off the plane and heard everyone around me speaking french, it's felt like a dream. The street signs, the architectural style, the greenery...it's like I never left.

So everything went pretty smoothly as far as travel goes, I got my stuff and took a couple metros to the place where I said I would meet my host family, the family Crucy. They're all so cool...the dad is hilarious, the mom is motherly, and there are two sons at home, Chester (22) and Amaury (20). We've become instant buddies (they think I look like Art Garfunkel).

Despite my lack of sleep for about 36 hours, last night I went out with the guys to Disney Village, which is maybe about 7 minutes from where I'm staying (a suburb called Conches sur Gondoire...check it out on Google Earth). We met up with a few girls, two German exchange students and one French girl, and had fun walking around and eating at an American 50's style diner. Frenchies trying to do American food...hilarious. I came 10000 kilometers for dinner, and I could've just walked two blocks to the Malt Shoppe!

Life is good. I've had a great time interacting with people and just soaking it all in again. I start my internship with Les Petits Frères des Pauvres tomorrow, so I'll let you guys know how that goes!

1 comment:

  1. Man, two Germans and a Frenchy. Get IT!!! You are too cute. I guess they wanted you to feel at home by taking you to the diner. P.S. girl on your left is gettin' fresh! Awoo! Can't wait 'til the next post Art!

    ReplyDelete