Saturday, June 27, 2009

enfin

Hey guys...sorry it's been so long! Things have been pretty busy, and by the time I get home and have computer access I'm already half asleep. So, I think I'll let my pictures do most of the talking...


My second week at Chamarande went well. Although it rained the first few days and there, we still had some people show up and a good time was had by all.


An entrée plate I prepared. I'm pretty much an expert French chef by now. Btw, "entrée" in French means the first plate you have, to enter into the meal, not the main dish. Makes sense, no? I don't know how these things get mixed up.


Walking through the park around the château, we found some donkeys. At first they were just chilling in that house in the background, but when the rain let up a bit they came out. Isn't it funny how happy he looks? I would be too if I had a house like that to myself...still don't get how that worked.

A friend of mine from BYU, Brynn, was in Paris and came to visit me my last day at Chamarande. When we got back into Paris that night, we stopped to get some pastries, and made an epic find:

That's right, a PENGUIN PATISSERIE!!!! Epic.

The next day we went to visit Versailles. The gardens were breathtaking!




I got a fellafel from this super famous place, it was heavenly.


I had the rediculously awesome experience of going to Brussels for a "zone conference", just like when I was a missionary! It's the last one that my mission president held before he finishes his 3 years of service, and he invited any former missionaries in the area to come. So I headed up with a few friends from France that I had served with. We spent the night in St. Quentin, a city in northern France, at Céline's house.



The returned missionaries with President Woodland. So surreal to be back there in Brussels!


We walked around our old stomping grounds, and of course we got some frites, at this place right by the mission office where we used to go.


There was a 50's themed dance at one of the churches in Paris...doing the twist!

So I just realized that all the times I take pictures are when I'm having fun. Trust me, I'm working pretty hard too...every day during the week, I'm either helping people move, accompanying people on various visits, and helping out at L'Etape, among whatever other responsibilities they ask of me. It's still super rewarding and amazing! I just can't believe how fast time is going. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment